- Ahead of meeting:
- All project leads fill in the Updates section for their project using the Agenda Key
- Put any Discussion, Proposal Stuck and Questions items into the Discussion section.
⏲️ Agenda Key
- H: Highlight (Capital circle members should know about this work from last week)
- A: Ask (ie I have a Need)
- C: Celebrate!
- R: Need Review (asynchronous)
- Q: Have a Question (to be answered now or asynchronously, depending)
- S: Stuck/Blocked (can’t move forward without a solve)
- D: Needs Discussion (in our meeting today)
- P: Proposal (needs voting on /approval from Dazzle District)
Investment Referral Prototype
Scaling Capital Navigation
We Funder + Matchmaking
Support the Capital Entrepreneurs
Capital Circle Braintrust
Zebra Capital Salons
Rules for this section: - Discussion items will be tackled in the same order that they were added e.g. if you add your discussion item mid-meeting, please add your need to the bottom of the list. We’ll do our best to get to it if we have time! - Tag the person that will present the discussion item - Add a time estimate for how long the discussion item is expected to take
- New agenda structure @Esme Verity in absentia / Francene/Ana -10 mins
- Any objections/amendments?
- How do we assign project leads?
- Case discussion (Julia -5 mins)
- Opportunities with Raaise. @Esme Verity -5 mins (push to next week)
- Membership circle Meeting @Esme Verity - in absentia / Francene/Ana 5 mins
- Sassy is asking for circle leads to join her ‘membership circle meeting’ on Thursday at 4pm GMT. I can represent the Capital circle but does anyone else want to join? Reach out to Sassy for a calendar invite.
- Hands / eyes needed to progress new deals [”from Airtable”] in Wefunder and European platforms projects — @Astrid Scholz in absentia / Francene/Ana
- Also: Please indicate what projects you want to be added to, as per this thread in Asana
- Zebras are all invited to SuperCrowd22, an impact crowdfunding conference I’m hosting. I’m also interested in having Zebras Unite as a co-host. We have seven other organizations serving as co-hosts, including some aligned crowdfunding portals (Crowdfund Mainstreet and Small Change). Six portals are represented on the program already. This event will be great for both investors and entrepreneurs, especially zebras.
- How to do investor follow ups after Salon etc. ?
- we have a role of supporting capital providers who want to function more like Zebra investors (learning journeys)
- we have to help investors who already are aligned to find new opportunities with values aligned founders
- Support people starting funds and are looking for values/purpose aligned investors into their fund
- There are family offices and LPs who are looking for direction
- How to do white glove matching: reach out to each investor and learn about what they need and how they make decisions. match the investor and founder values / purpose. invest in relationship and mentorship.
- Salon: using the time to build relationship. Mia to do an intro in the US event.
- Question to Astrid about how to think about the follow-up with investors, and partner
- Market the salon honestly as a new type of event, with opportunities for feedback. Focused on relationship building for the whole community.
- Build a “gather feedback” team after the event team: Mia +?
- Zebras is also helping to curate founders based their stage, needs, etc.
- white glove matching between founders and investors
- LendforGood (Australia)
- WeFunder, etc. (US)
- Other regions still trying to identify mechanisms
- Devin hosts a Crowdfunding Cherub meeting, and conference in Sep- superfund 22. Community capital/impact crowdfunding. 30+ people on the program, and close to 100 hours of content over 2 days. Would like to engage Zebras as a co-host. Currently working with a few other orgs.
- Impact Cherub meeting: When: May 17, 2022 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqd-GprDooEt1clxR9P54KtlP_BSJKWXhC
- Angels of Mainstreet is another club like this, forming alliances interested in Zebra participation.
Commitments & Action items
Who does what next?