What are we talking about?
- We are working on making onboarding into the Capital Circle easier and more delightful.
- Dates confirmed for our first capital salons are happening
- Europe: 7 June 2022
- North America: 14 June 2022
- The economy and you! Pop quiz — vote with your emojis:
- Discussion / Q&A
Reminder: This is NOT your typical pitch fest!
“The world economy is heading into a major recession, complete with a tightening of capital markets. How will zebra companies fare?”
💃🏼 = we’re anti-cyclical, so this is our moment to thrive!
🦓 = zebras will zebra, and find a way no matter what’s going on around us
🧊 = we’re tied to the larger economy, and it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.
What are we wanting to remember? - Call #1
- Who is invited to the Salons? Founders and Funders who have completed the forms (but not everyone, were keeping it small for the first one and then iterating!)
- What times are they? etc? Details coming by the end of the week (or at latest early next week)
- “The world economy is heading into a major recession, complete with a tightening of capital markets. How will zebra companies fare?”
- Francene - when business as usual does down, Zebra companies go up, because folks want to do something different
- Micheal - Bringing real value to the world!
- Andrew - i think there is a grain of truth in all 3 options, capacity does have limits and also there is strength in resiliency
- Sassy - we know co-ops and mutualistic organizations do better in economic downturns, and Zebras are more mutualistic than our counterparts
What are we wanting to remember? - Call #2
- Leslie: zebras will zebra 🦓
- Adam: good fundamentals culturally, ecologically, economically will prevail; economy will mirror nature more; this recession could be the start of the pivot towards Earth is the greatest asset 💃
- Sassy: coops are anti-cyclical 💃 — and: when things are more stressed in the system we are in, people with less capacity still have less capacity. Founders who are care givers.
- Leslie: cycle of burnout is real! “zebras is my respite.”
- Adam — can you make something people need in a a recession and make margin?! That’s the opportunity. — He does messaging and branding for social enterprises, now helping with business model design in a stakeholder context. Now looking into web3.
- Leslie: looking into platforms for co-ops, Hypha, and SEEDS: https://joinseeds.earth/buy-seeds
- capital salons: curated groups of investors and founders
- curated groups are a huge value add!
- mutual education journey
- our summer course!
Recordings for these sessions:
- Recording for the first session:
- Recording for the second session:
Commitments & Action items
Who does what next?