What’s good? Share something good about you or your work (1 min each)
- Devin — Supercrowd coming together well!
- Ross — hosted a great event in Pittsburgh on psychedelic education for and by community
- Carrie — hosting a dialogue inside RegenEcon Commons platform to gather interest in GRFI
- Astrid — came off the mountain!
- Miah — celebrated granddaughter's 1st bday!
- Dann — went to Mexico for a hackathon on regenerative projects in web3, and won!
Quarterly Goals. What do we want to prioritize for the next 90 days? (10mins)
- Navigate ZU members to capital. How?
- Get commitments for the ICC credit enhancement facility, regranting facility, and institutional pipeline.
- Marketing event at SOCAP
- Streamline the ZU Capital navigation experience
- Engage co-op members to contribute more patronage
- Increasing the number of WeFunder eligible members and other crowd platforms
- Advancing the Capital Collectives in Europe and SE Asia
- Next phase of round table discussions in Berlin with German investors
Long Term Goals. Where are we going? (5 mins)
- Mobilize BILLIONS of dollars to Zebra companies
Scorecard. Are we progressing the work? What are our measurable outcomes due when? (DOC)
IDS. Identify, Discuss, Solve. What are our blockers, solve them and move to To-do.
Recap To-Do List
- Carrie has been talking with John Fullerton, who shares our frustration with lack of funding for early-stage companies; still seems a little naive in his approach
- Astrid’s mind is on Berlin roundtable on Sep 7 + finalizing the Mozilla Foundation proposal
- Ross: prototyping new Wefunder flow with his company and help by Upeffect on dual path; idea is to make sure that there is success by zebra companies as they navigate to capital
- Carrie: need for regenerative finance for regenerative projects worldwide, all looking for resources — fit similar profiles as zebra companies.
- Dann — working at Giveth, web3 fundraising platform for non-profits. Don’t take any fees, give donors tokens that can be invested into projects, as well. Not incorporated as a nonprofit, but affiliated with a 501c3 — don’t get a tax break, get a token.
- Miah — lots of opportunities in Canada! Proposing partnerships with
- FrontFunder in Canada, and
- Coralus (formerly SHEEO) — model: activators contribute $1,000 to pooled, perpetual fund + $100 in admin. Is this something we might be able to adapt to Zebras Unite? Also have some great infrastructure around their educational offerings. Great storytellers too.
- Criterion Institute - Free 1 week invite to collaborate at Confluence Finance Workshoppping with Coralus, as “guest” via Vicky Saunders, CEO, (registration link here)
- Spring Impact multiple accelerators and incubators all Zebras aligned, tight relationship with Tellus Pollinator Fund
- 51 Fund — VC model, but aligned values with founder Shelly Kuipers - Hosts a Financial Feminism Investing Lab and advocacy for Longtermism (50 year+) in the new AgTech Fund run by Yuan Shi