Zebras Unite Capital is a team of co-op members working to mobilize more capital towards zebra founders, and in so doing create a consistent and reliable revenue stream for the cooperative and its members.
We do this by providing education and resources to support founders in becoming finance-ready; formalizing referral relationships with sources of funding; curating connections between founders and funders; developing shared services and infrastructure for capital innovators; and co-creating new financing mechanisms ourselves.
How do YOU want to mobilize more capital for 🦓 businesses?
The most important links you need:
Other interesting links:
💱 Zebras Unite Capital on the web
Find the financing that's right for your organisation
Discover investment opportunities
FOR CAPITAL INNOVATORS
Find help & capital for your beyond-VC investment product or fund
Many people have asked us when we are launching a "Zebra Fund", and what it will invest in. Well, we believe you get better financial products when you design them together with the community they are intended to serve. Therefore:
Joining the Capital Circle
We welcome co-op members who want to take an active role in advancing the work of the helping match investor and founders; help make investment decisions when the time comes for Zebras Unite to make direct investments into companies; and / or participate in additional projects and activities to advance the capital work of Zebras Unite. Capital Circle members opt into one or more projects, which we track in Asana.
In 2022, we are focusing on three priorities:
- Matching founders seeking capital with partner crowd investing platforms like Wefunder and / or other investors in our networks;
- Supporting the growing number of capital entrepreneurs and innovators in our community; and
- Develop new services and offerings that connect co-op members with capital.
Current Projects [Q4 2022]:
- Getting Inclusive Capital Collective products to market in the US, specifically a Credit Enhancement Facility; packaging deals for New Market Tax Credit and other institutional investors; and designing a regranting facility with one or more corporate partners;
- Navigating ZU Co-Op members to suitable crowdinvesting platforms that we partner with, notably Wefunder, a couple of European platforms, and LendForGood;
- Supporting capital entrepreneurs (ZU members building innovative funds) with the technical expertise and capital they need;
- Advancing the creation of regional capital and support ecosystems in SouthEast Asia and Europe.
This is a patronage activity, and you will be recognized in the community with a badge. If you are interested in finding out about these opportunities, please:
We meet every week, alternating between Tuesdays at 11 am Pacific [1st and 3rd Tue of the month] and Tuesdays at 5 pm Pacific [2nd and 4th Tue of the month]