Zebras Unite Capital is a team of co-op members working to mobilize more capital towards zebra founders, and in so doing create a consistent and reliable revenue stream for the cooperative and its members.
We do this by providing education and resources to support founders in becoming finance-ready; formalizing referral relationships with sources of funding; curating connections between founders and funders; developing shared services and infrastructure for capital innovators; and co-creating new financing mechanisms ourselves.
How do YOU want to mobilize more capital for 🦓 businesses?
The most important links you need:
Other interesting links:
💱 Zebras Unite Capital on the web
Find the financing that's right for your organisation
Discover investment opportunities
FOR CAPITAL INNOVATORS
Find help & capital for your beyond-VC investment product or fund
Many people have asked us when we are launching a "Zebra Fund", and what it will invest in. Well, we believe you get better financial products when you design them together with the community they are intended to serve. Therefore:
Joining the Capital Circle
We welcome co-op members who want to take an active role in advancing the work of the helping match investor and founders; help make investment decisions when the time comes for Zebras Unite to make direct investments into companies; and / or participate in additional projects and activities to advance the capital work of Zebras Unite. Capital Circle members opt into one or more projects, which we track in Asana.
In 2022-23, we are focusing on three priorities:
- Matching founders seeking capital with partner crowd investing platforms like Wefunder and / or other investors in our networks;
- Supporting the growing number of capital entrepreneurs and innovators in our community; and
- Develop new services and offerings that connect co-op members with capital.
Current Projects [Q2 2023]:
- Getting Inclusive Capital Collective and P6 products to market in the US, specifically a Credit Enhancement Facility;
- Continuing our streak of guerrilla activations at the AVPN meeting in Singapore, June 2023;
- Navigating ZU Co-Op members to suitable crowdinvesting platforms that we partner with, notably Wefunder, a couple of European platforms, and LendForGood;
- Advancing collaborative capital design in Berlin (Germany); Islamic Finance; and Indian rural economies.
This is a patronage activity, and you will be recognized in the community with a badge. If you are interested in finding out about these opportunities, please:
We meet every week, alternating between Tuesdays at 11 am Pacific [1st and 3rd Tue of the month] and Tuesdays at 5 pm Pacific [2nd and 4th Tue of the month]