- Ahead of meeting:
- All project leads fill in the Updates section for their project using the Agenda Key
- Put any Discussion, Proposal Stuck, and Questions items into the Discussion section.
- H: Highlight (Capital circle members should know about this work from last week)
- A: Ask (ie I have a Need)
- C: Celebrate!
- R: Need Review (asynchronous)
- Q: Have a Question (to be answered now or asynchronously, depending)
- S: Stuck/Blocked (can’t move forward without a solve)
- D: Needs Discussion (in our meeting today)
- P: Proposal (needs voting on /approval from Dazzle District)
- European ecosystem discussion & next steps (Evgeni 30’)
- framing: timing is ripe
- @Evgeni Kouris @Esme Verity and @Astrid Scholz put together this deck for discussion with the BMW Foundation:
- other initiatives around purpose and impact
- founders interested in finding capital, of course
- can we leverage ZU systems and services?
- Can we make it easier to distribute funds, payments, distributions via a European entity?
- Yonca: opportunities to engage EIF, traditional VCs like Kindred, other impact investors who are already interested, and want to figure out the missing infrastructure together
- BMW interested in Europe and broader —> their Transformative Leaders and RESPOND participants are feeding the demand side of the presumptive marketplace
- ZU Capital Salon scheduled:
- Current save the date for EU is June 7th, 5.00-6.30pm BER time
- using gating questions to learn about the investors
- If we use Zoom, could pre-configure breakout rooms
- Naming ongoing maintenance work - 1) Investor relations 2) relationships with platform partners
- https://meetourfund.com/ idea we could eventually learn from
- Impact Cherub/Coalition of Community Capital Clubs (learn more at https://bit.ly/37DfsPA)
- SuperCrowd22 9/15-16/22 http://SuperCrowd22.com
Solifin · Together for impact
Solifin is a network of financial actors active in the belgian impact economy. Our common mission is to simplify the process of fund raising and better finance the enterprises which contribute to tackle our current social and environmental challenges.
Commitments & Action items
Who does what next?